Implement a Plan
You are responsible for maintaining your home. Preventive maintenance saves you time, money, and extends the beauty and livability of your home. In order to implement a successful home maintenance plan, you should:
- Make maintenance a priority: The keys to cost-effective maintenance are attending to immediate maintenance needs and following the preventive maintenance program.
- Perform regular inspections: Inspect your home regularly and update your Maintenance Guide accordingly.
- Use professionals: When the maintenance tasks are outside of your expertise or ability, use professionals.
- Follow manufacturers’ recommendations: Failure to do so may result in voiding parts or all of your warranties.
- Be smart: Know your part and save money.
Manage Your Home’s Maintenance With Home Experience
Know what to do, and when and how to do it: Easy-to-follow maintenance schedules for every part of the home.
The personalized preventive maintenance schedule and home care tips give you knowledge to sustain or improve the value of your property, extend the lifespan of the products and amenities within your home and lengthen the home’s life expectancy.
The expert advice and preventive maintenance recommendations included in your Homeowner Maintenance Guide will assist you in monitoring the condition and needs of your home. They will also allow maintenance practices to be adjusted to obtain the best results that can be reasonably expected, given the conditions which exist in your home and community.
Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
Most product warranties begin at time of closing—and so do your maintenance responsibilities. Warranties last from 1 year to 10 years. Refer to the “Understanding Your Warranties” section in your Orientation Guide for detailed information about your warranties.
Your Maintenance Task List
Your Home Experience account contains specific preventive maintenance and inspection guidelines that are recommended to keep your house in great shape and help keep your warranties intact. Some of the tasks are more critical than others. We strongly recommend that you login to Home Experience to view your complete maintenance guide and Home Maintenance Summary for all of your maintenance responsibilities.